Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do You Like Piña Coladas?

I’m on Spring Break right now, and let me tell you, the piña coladas are flowing! Dig my fabulous tan!  Woo-hoo! Par-Tay! Right? Right?

Hate to disappoint with the boring-ocity that is I, but seriously, one of the big changes from my undergrad to my (second) graduate studies is the overwhelming desire to take advantage of this “free” time in order to get ahead in my class reading and project preparations.  Sad sad sad state of affairs.  I have become a responsiblesque, adult-ish person.



The thing that is most disturbing is my need – not desire, but actual physical requirement to remain sane – to see my grade for my most recent assignment in one of my classes.  I will not share which class, but it’s one that I’m taking online.  My professor for one of the two online classes I’m taking is incredibly responsive and gives feedback almost constantly, which is very helpful.  Grades for each assignment are typically posted within a couple of days so we can sort out if we’re doing alright or should quit, just quit, give up and cry and admit defeat.  Or just study harder.  For my other class, however, I will be surprised if by the end of the semester I have even the foggiest notion of how I’m performing. 

I find myself checking our online learning system 4 or 5 times a day in the hope that maybe, just maybe, today I will discover if I did alright on my most recent assignment (turned in almost 2 weeks ago) or if I flubbed it.  Seriously, people, 4 or 5 times a day. Every day.  What could this man possibly be doing to prevent him from posting grades for so long?  These assignments are not extensive. What, does he think he’s allowed to have a life of any kind until he reveals our grades to us?  Does he?

Or maybe he’s on Spring Break. Drinking my piña coladas and getting a tan. Or getting caught in the rain.

Time to get back to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...